Friday, May 18, 2007

I recently found out my Peace Corps country assignment is Honduras!
I'm leaving July 11, less than two months from now. I'm so excited! At first I was really suprised by Honduras. Although I've been studying Latin America for the past four years, Honduras hardly ever comes up, so I can't wait to learn all about it. I'm also excited that I'm going back to Central America; it's such an amazing region. I loved my study abroad in Costa Rica.
Of course I'm nervous because I don't really know what to expect and it will be such a change. The experience will be so amazing. I'll be working in municipal development, working with local governments and communities. Yesterday I sent the in-country staff my aspiration statement and resume.



More updates to come!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristyn!

My husband and I are leaving for Honduras with you! He will be working municipal development also. Here is a google group we found - so far it has been pretty helpful - http://groups.google.com/group/pc-honduras0709

Kyler said...

My wife and I will be in Honduras with you as well. We just got our invite. We'll be doing youth development. See you there.

Becky said...

LOOK AT ALL THE FRIENDS YOU HAVE ALREADY!

Aime said...

I'm an RPCV from Honduras...1990-1992. Enjoy it! 15 years later and I still miss it. It was tough and not always fun, but the fun was SUPER fun...the downs super down. but isn't that life! Don't worry the Fun outnumbered the downs a million to one!

congratulations..enjoy! and if you get assigned to Olancho, you'll be an Olanchana for the rest of your life! Viva Olancho!!

Anonymous said...

kristyn,

a little late, but congratulations again. you're going to have a great time and you will be a real asset to the PC. :)

E said...

you are going to love it so much! i'm already saving for my vacation there.

Brianna said...

Hi Kristyn! My name's brianna and i'm a fellow pcv getting ready to ship off to hondo-land. Don't know how i stumbled on your blog but am SO EXCITED to hear i've got a friend from illinois to bond with. i just graduated from UMD in college park but i grew up in wilmette, about 30 mins north of chicago. Can't wait to be back in d.c. for 2 days to meet everyone and get started!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristyn!

This blog is great. I can't wait to read all your exciting posts and view all your beautiful pictures. I will have to read it aloud to Rick in my best "Kristyn" voice! Anyway, I've already added the URL to my Favorites list and will stay in touch for sure. Miss you already and I'm planning my vacation now.

Love,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristyn!
We are really excited for you! Nice to see you have unknown friends who are anxious to meet you. We'll be watching your blog.

Love you!
Grandma Jan and Rich