Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm a volunteer!

Yesterday was our swear in ceremony at the US embassy. The Ambassador was there and the country director and all the training staff and we had the ceremony in the lawn of the embasssy. The press was there and there was an article about us in the paper today and we were on the news. Everyone gave speeches and it was really inspirational. It really felt like graduation again. After the ceremony we went to the ambassador's house. There was a pool, tennis courts, and sand volleyball. The house and lawn were huge, literally bigger than a lot of the sites we are going to. We played sand volleyball and it was a lot of fun. It was really sad saying goodbye to people because we won't be seeing each other. I've had to say so many goodbyes in the past few months. I am really excited that we're finally volunteers and I'll soon be starting projects and getting to know new people.

5 comments:

Who says that? said...

I totally read this and commented but for some reason blogger didn't register my comment! WTF! LAME LAME LAME!

so congratulations on being sworn in for the peace corps! your next two years will certainly be eventful and meaningful for you. I'm so proud <3

Unknown said...

Congratulations on becoming official. :-) Everything is coming together for you!

Lots of love,

Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

ahh I cant believe i missed your call, we need to schedule a time. Miss you!!!!!

-julia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss you,
Meg

E said...

i miss you!!!!!!!!!! and i'm so proud of you!