Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pictures of my site

Pictures from the 40 minute walk from the house to Yaunera, the aldea. This is what my host brothers walk every day to get to school. I was running it for a week before I found a better alternative. It`s all mud and really hilly. It is really beautiful, and goes through coffee fincas, and forests, and has overlooks of valleys.
pretty view from walk

part of the path
really muddy part of the path

view of valley- there`s a river at the bottom, which you can hear

the white spot on top of the hill is my house

self taken picture with pretty sky

baby sheep, born the day I got here

baby chickens, which I will be eating in a few months

pretty sky, building where some animals and equipment is kept

another self-taken shot with pretty sky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW !! You are definitely in the mountains, I can't believe those shots above the clouds. Where you live at reminds me of the Alps in Germany. Send more photos :)

- Mike

Unknown said...

Your comment, "baby chickens, which I will be eating in a few months" made me laugh out loud. :-) Those are great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Lots of love,

Uncle Tim

Kristyn said...

I found out that it only takes about 40 days for the chickens to get to an eatable size. So less than a few months.