Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

People have been asking my about Christmas here and how it´s celebrated. It´s not as big of a deal as it is in the US. Some houses have lights and trees, but not everyone. There´s not much gift giving, mostly just for the kids. People make tamales and stay up until midnight on Christmas Eve and shoot off fireworks. It didn´t feel like Christmas at all. There was no Christmas music, or decorations, or snow, or presents. I had a nice Christmas, but it was sad not being home. I miss you all and Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

sarita said...

haha, that sounds awfully familiar. happy new year!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Unknown said...

We missed you on Christmas Eve this year! I hope you have a very Happy New Year 2008!!!

Lots of love,

Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I missed you this Christmas too, Kristyn. It's funny how grandma's house gets more and more crowded every Christmas Eve---as we multiply and as kids get bigger---but this year it felt pretty empty without you. Hopefully you can come home next year.

I was at my dad's for New Year's so I don't get calls or text messages, but I got yours when I came home on Tuesday. I need to put more money on my phone card so I can call you soon. Can't wait to hear about your New Year's Eve festivities.

Love you. Miss you.
Megan