Monday, January 7, 2008

New House!

I moved into my new house on Sunday! It was pretty easy and fast to move, since the only furniture I have is a bed and a plastic chair. My host dad moved it all down with his truck. Sunday I spent unpacking, doing laundry, and getting to know my neighbors. My neighbors on my right are my landladies, they own my house. They are sisters, one is a nurse and one is a teacher, and the nurse has two little boys. The grandparents also live with them. They`re really nice. Today I have been going all over to buy stuff for the house. Like curtains, and paint. It`s so exciting having my own house! This afternoon and tommorrow I`m going to the library and to the mayor`s office to do some planning on how I can help them. Wednesday I have a meeting with a group that is building a landfill for some nearby towns. I`m really interested in seeing if it would be possible to build one for the munincipalities around here. Now that I`m living in town, I have a lot to do. Lots of people to meet and projects to start. This is the first time I`ve lived all alone, but it`s nice. I have a lot more independence. And it`s safe, my house is very secure, my neighbors are nearby, and it`s a safe neighborhood. I`m a few blocks from the central park where the mayor`s office is. It`s really pretty. I`ve taken some pictures, I just need to post them. My computer is still broken, so I`m trying to figure out where I can upload the pictures.

I`ve been in Honduras for almost 6 months now. I`ve experienced every month in a Central American country, because I was in Costa Rica January-June and in Honduras July-December.
I`m definately getting used to living here. I like it. That`s all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are adjusting well Kristyn. Enjoy the extra independence and also the fun and excitement of having your own place. I really enjoyed that this past year myself. Of course it took me until the New Year to get completely settled, but you should move along much faster then I did :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new house! As of November, this is the first time in my life that I'm living on my own. (It took me long enough!) LOL I'm rather enjoying it, and it sounds like you are too. :-) Good luck getting settled in.

I love you,

Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristyn! I'm glad to hear you're having fun decorating and that things are going so well for you. I hope you have a great time living in town and meeting new people and developing projects! What a good start to 2008 :)

Miss you!