Monday, May 19, 2008

Proj Cit

All last week I was at the Project Citizen workshop with the rest of my project group, outside of the capital. it took 9 hours to get there and 9 hours to get back, on the bus. The highlight of the trip was that I got a haircut from another volunteer. It´s pretty short, like a little above chin length, with lots of layers. I like it. I got back Saturday night.
Every town has a feria, like a town fair, which is the day of the patron saint of the town. We are San Pedro, so our saint is Saint Peter, who´s day is June 29th. So it's a month and a half away, but the feria has already started! In the central park, there are booths set up with food, and fussball tables, and people selling candy. When the feria really gets started, there will be a feris wheel and other rides. They also do bull riding and events like that. Some towns only have their feria for a few days or a couple weeks, it´s exciting we have a 2 month feria.
Wednesday I have to leave for another Peace Corps meeting about Safety and Security, which I´ll write about later. I have to go now because the library is closing.

3 comments:

Who says that? said...

HI KRISTYN! Less than two weeks until I get to come and see you! I can't wait.

That sounds fun about the carnival in your town. You'll have to take lots of pictures and eat lots of candy for me.

Speaking of pictures...
I just bought a new camera for my trip! I'll be able to take a lot of great pictures <3

Miss you
-Becky

Kristyn said...

sweet! i dont need to take pictures for you, you can take them yourself. the feria should be even bigger when you get here!

sarita said...

oh my god i got your letter-package today. thaaaaaaank you a million! that article on naomi and chavez cracked me up! did you read the actual GQ article? i think its online.

ps i love my friendship bracelet